January 8, 2020
Wednesday, 22 January 2020 | The Power of Technology in Global Trade (10:30 am GMT)
Wednesday, 22 January 2020, will be the first in a series of webcasts that EY is providing on the Power of Technology in Global Trade.
EY's Global Trade team will explain current key issues and trends on this topic, alongside some innovative technology demonstrations to show how analytics can support your business in the most efficient, agile and cost effective way.
We will be running a series of webcasts over the next few months to highlight the complexities and solutions for specific customs and global trade related topics, including the following:
- The power of technology in Global Trade – This session will cover using trade data to optimize trade flows, assess compliance risks, identify trends, broker performance/accuracy, supply flows, supplier oversight, product classification/value/origin errors + much more.
- Tariff Classification of products, Analytics and Machine Learning – classification is a key, legal requirement for customs declarations. We discuss how analytics can assist and simplify this process.
- Origin and technology solutions – Origin calculations, evidencing that Rules of Origin are met and having effective origin management systems, will become ever more important for accessing reduced or nil duty rates under free trade agreements (FTAs). This will be particularly important regarding a potential future FTA between the UK and the European Union. Analytics can significantly simplify and speed up this process. This session will discuss recent changes in UK and Global FTAs and how analytics can provide solutions going forward.
- Trade wars, scenario modelling and mitigation planning – Trade wars are adding both cost and complexity to many supply chains. Understanding the impact and options for mitigation will be key for successful businesses going forward. This session will examine the recent events in the global arena and discuss how analytics may assist in the analysis and forward planning.
- Global Trade Management (GTM) solutions – This session will discuss the developing use of GTM solutions in the UK today and the range of software available to match different requirements. This may include making your own customs declarations and also managing duty relief schemes (track and trace of goods etc).
Date: Wednesday, 22 January 2020
Time: 10:30 am – 11:15 am GMT; 5:30 am – 6:15 am ET
Registration: Register for this event.