February 5, 2021
EY Podcast: monthly ITS Washington Dispatch (January 2021)
EY’s monthly Washington Dispatch podcast summarizes recent developments in US international taxation. Highlights of this month's edition include:
- US Treasury Secretary says no new taxes for now, commits to OECD BEPS discussions
- New final regulations address application of Section 163(j) limitation to CFCs and partnerships, reserve on certain provisions
- IRS allows remote signing/submission of authorization Forms 2848 and 8821
- IRS official says guidance on worldwide interest expense allocation a top priority, proposed FTC regs in 2021
- USTR finds DSTs adopted by six nations discriminatory; suspends DST-related punitive tariff actions on French goods
- OECD IF political leaders promote global consensus following OECD public consultation on Pillar One/Two Blueprints
- OECD Secretariat issues updated guidance on tax treaties re impact of COVID-19 pandemic
Register for this monthly podcast on iTunes here.
Click here to view the segment.